Thursday, August 9, 2012

We are doing Logic of English this year and loving it!

I will come back and do a more full review later on.  For now though I will post up the fruits of my labor, a full modified schedule for kindergarten level with readers and children's books scheduled alongside the lessons!  Hope this helps some people out!

here is the link ( but it can also be found on my downloads page)
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_ABMoourebeT29fNnlsemd6SUk


The first 7 weeks were a condensed form of a schedule found for younger kids from BugsMama from the well trained mind forums.  Thanks bugsmama for a head start on my schedule workload!  The books scheduled are from our home library that we already own.  I went through a pre-read them to align them the best I could with the schedule.   You can get the k-12 readers from christian book for relatively cheap.  The Steck Vaughn readers I collected off of ebay also for pretty cheap.  Most of the children's books could either be taken out from your local library or purchased used off of Amazon.  You can also buy the Tag reader and learn to read books off of Amazon.  I luckily already had the full set of learn to read Tag books and they are AWESOME!  We also have more Tag books which you could just have your child free read as they hit into the more advanced lessons in LOE.  I like having a large amount of readers because I can just take out what corresponds with this week's lesson and place them in my son's book box and he can read them during his reading time each day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment